Polaris Industries Inc.
LAST UPDATE: May 18, 2018
This Privacy Statement describes information that Polaris Industries Inc. and its affiliates (“Polaris”, “we”, “our”, and “us”) collect, use, share and store, including personal information. Polaris cares about the integrity and security of consumer personal information. However, Polaris cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat our security measures or use personal information for improper purposes. You acknowledge that you provide your personal information at your own risk.
This Privacy Statement focuses on the types of personal information we collect through your operation of various Polaris products and services (collectively, “Polaris Products”).
Consent to Data Collection and Processing
You hereby agree with and consent to the collection and processing of your personal information as described in this Privacy Statement.
Consent to International Data Transfers
Your personal information may be collected, processed and stored by Polaris or its services providers in the United States and other countries where our servers reside. Please be aware that the privacy protections and legal requirements, including the rights of authorities to access your personal information, in some of these countries may not be equivalent to those in your country. You hereby agree with and consent to the transfer of your personal data to the United States and other countries where Polaris operates.
Withdrawal of Consent
You have the right, at any time, to withdraw your consent to Polaris’s collection and processing of your information, or to the transfer of your personal data to the United States and other countries where Polaris operates. You may withdraw your consent by emailing Polaris at firstname.lastname@example.org].
2. GENERAL PRINCIPLES FOR THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information will be collected, stored, processed and transmitted in accordance with Polaris’s established policies and applicable federal, state, local and foreign laws, rules and regulations.
The principles of Polaris with respect to the processing of personal information are as follows: (1) personal information will be processed fairly and lawfully, (2) personal information will be collected for specified, explicit, and legitimate purposes and not further processed for incompatible purposes, (3) personal information collected by Polaris will be adequate, relevant, and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are collected and processed, (4) personal information collected by Polaris will be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date to the best of our ability, (5) personal information collected by Polaris will be retained as identifiable data for no longer than necessary to serve the purposes for which the personal information was collected, and (6) personal data will be processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organizational measures.
If Polaris engages in the processing of personal information for purposes other than those specified in this Policy, Polaris will provide notice of these changes, the purposes for which the personal information will be used, and the recipients of personal information.
3. INFORMATION COLLECTED
As you interact with Polaris, there may be opportunities for you to provide us with your information. Additionally, we may collect certain information about your or your Polaris products as further described below.
You may provide us with information about you or your Polaris products through a number of sources: Polaris websites, applications, product and related events, surveys, social media platforms, sweepstakes entries, and through our customer contact centers. We also receive information about you through Polaris product sales records provided by your dealer and we may obtain, with your consent, data obtained from your Polaris product.
The types of information that Polaris collects about you may include, but are not limited to:
- Contact information (such as name, address, city, state and ZIP code, age or date of birth, occupation, social security number, email address and telephone number)
- Payment information (such as your bank account information, credit card number, debit card number, bank or investor account, CVV code, expiration date, and payment history)
- Information related to your creditworthiness, assets, income, or liabilities
- Information about your Polaris product (such as license plate number, Polaris product identification number (VIN), make, model, model year, selling dealer, servicing dealer, date of purchase or lease, lease/financing term, service history, mileage, oil/battery status, fuel or charging history, electrical system function, gear status, and diagnostic trouble codes)
- Information about your connected devices (such as mobile phone, computer, or tablet) and how you interact with our products, services, apps, and websites (such as IP address, browser type, unique device identifier, cookie data, and associated identifying and usage information)
- Demographic information (such as gender, date of birth, marital status, and household composition)
- Marketing profile information (such as when you plan to purchase a Polaris product)
- Photographs and videos such as those that you may submit for contests, sweepstakes and social sharing
- Relationships you have with Polaris in addition to the purchase and servicing of your Polaris product (such as through a rewards card, etc.)
- Incentive eligibility verification information (such as college name, branch of service, or credit union name for Polaris product purchase programs)
- Social Security Number (in limited circumstances Polaris may collect SSN, for example if you win a sweepstakes or receive compensation that must be reported for government tax purposes)
- Investor Information (name, address, phone number, and email address)
- The kind of Polaris product you purchased
- The kind of service provided to you
In order to register an account with Polaris, or join a Polaris rider community, you will need to provide your name, address, telephone number, and email address.
If you decide to purchase any Polaris Products or services offered by Polaris directly from Polaris, Polaris will ask for your name, mailing address, telephone number, email address and certain financial information such as a credit card number to be used for order processing and payment. Polaris may use a third party for payment processing on its behalf. You may also choose to finance your purchase of Polaris Products from Polaris pursuant to one of several financing options made available by third party financial institutions. If you choose to finance your purchase of Polaris Products, you will be directed to one of the third party financial institutions with which Polaris has a business relationship to make an application directly through that financial institution in connection with which the financial institution will ask you for the personal and financial information applicable to their own application process, the privacy and security of which will be governed by their privacy policies.
If you choose to purchase extended service contracts or insurance services from Polaris. You may also choose to apply for a Polaris Visa card. Depending upon the choices you make in connection with your purchases of Polaris Products or services offered by Polaris or a third party with which Polaris does business, you will be asked for personal information including your name, mailing address, telephone number, email address and certain financial information such as a credit card number to be used for order processing and payment.
If you apply for a Polaris Visa card, you will be asked for personal information including your name, date of birth, social security number, country of citizenship, country of residence, primary phone number, mobile phone number, email address, physical address, duration of residency, housing status, monthly housing payment amount, mail delivery address, employment status, employer, annual income, additional annual income, expected monthly cash transactions, expected monthly international transactions, expected balance transfers, joint applicants, authorized users.
If you decide to purchase any Polaris Products or services through an independent dealer, the dealer will ask for your name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, and certain financial information such as a credit card number to be used for order processing. The dealer may use a third party for payment processing on its behalf, and will transmit to Polaris all or a portion of the information that you provide to the dealer in connection with your purchases.
If you decide to voluntarily participate in a sweepstakes, game, contest, survey, or other similar activity offered by Polaris or in conjunction with a third party provider, you may be asked to provide your name, mailing address, email address and age as well as other information on an optional basis such as your gender or other types of Polaris products purchased in order to participate in the sweepstakes, contest, or survey. Occasionally, Polaris will refer to this information to better understand your needs and interest in our products and services. If you consent, Polaris will also use this information to send you information about Polaris products.
4. HOW WE MAY USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The information Polaris collects about you and your Polaris products may be used:
- To provide products and services and maintain customer relationships
- To improve the quality, safety, and security of our products and services
- To administer your account(s) and process your payments for products and services